SC - Re: Welcome back, Gunthar!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Mar 22 22:03:20 PST 2000

Magdalena replied to me:
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
> > Gunthar commented:
> > >
> > > Thanks. It rained and I got blamed for it. <sigh>
> > > I couldn't even fight because I wrecked my knee a couple of
> > > weeks earlier. But it was a nice event anyway.
> >
> > So, how come you didn't come to the SCA-Cooks get-together Friday
> > night?
>
> Speaking for me, it was a choice between the gathering and seeing my lord get a
> well deserved award in Ansteorran court.  ;>  Hopefully I'll get to meet many of
> y'all at Pennsic.

But, but, but... The courts were the reason I scheduled it for 6pm. I figured
that would give folks that wanted to leave for a court an hour to meet others,
grab something to eat and then leave. Courts seldom start on time, anyway.

My wife and I arrived around 5:40pm just in case others came early as I
suggested folks might want to do in the original announcement.

My wife and I had planned to leave for the Ansteorran court, but we were
having
so much fun talking to the folks who showed up, that we blew off the court.

Would an earlier time or on Thursday have been better? I chose Friday
because I thought more folks might be onsite by then.

I had printed off a number of messages from folks who said they would
be at Gulf Wars and hoped to drop by various camps. Unfortunately in
the rush to leave these were overlooked and, in fact, are still sitting
in my printer's output tray. :-(
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net