Units (was: SC - Mediaeval cookbooks to begin with)

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Wed Mar 22 23:14:31 PST 2000

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Phil Anderson wrote:

> (though I wish _Pleyn Delit_ gave quantities in metric).

As long as they are in generally known units you can at least work with
them. Half a stick of butter, one cake of yeast, half an envelope of
saffron, etc, are much more challenging to work with for the outsider.

Perhaps I should set up a webpage with this kind of info, or is
there one already? A "Stefan"-file perhaps?

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
"No, no more discussion.  Discussion is for the wise or the helpless,
and I am neither."		-- Leela