SC - mushrooms

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Mar 23 21:08:04 PST 2000

Sieggy said:
>     Don't wash Portobellos or any of the spongiform fungi, as they will suck
> liquids up like mad and you'll have a fungoo (no fun a-tall!) instead. You
> can marinade them, though, (I do a balsamic marinade for Portobellos that'll
> blow your toenails off) for an interesting treatment, especially if you
> grill them.

Recipe/directions for this balsamic marinade, please? Given pursuasion
like this, I might even splurge and buy some of the expensive little
buggers. :-)

Unfortunately, mushrooms are one of the things my wife won't even
consider tasting. So when we eat out, I get her mushrooms and she
gets any of the green goop (guacamole) I get.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net