SC - don't cringe too bad....

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Mar 24 19:37:33 PST 2000

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> Sorry, i'm really NOT in a grumpy mood, i was just very disappointed
> with what i had at the Boston Market - i didn't expect gourmet, but i
> also didn't expect that reheated poultry flavor.

Well, perhaps your expectations of what, no matter how it is advertised,
always was "fast food", were a bit too high. The few times I've been in
a Boston Market have been in situations where I have had a tired, hungry
child to deal with, and basically had little alternative.

Actually, we have a peculiar Chinese/Latino barbecued chicken
establishment in our neighborhood that sells a whole barbecued chicken,
a quart, or possibly even more, of fairly industrial roast pork fried
rice, and lots of homemade hot sauce for something ridiculous like
$6.50. It's actually cheaper than its equivalent food value/mass in pizza.

I've strongly considered pirating and marketing the hot sauce: it
appears to be (my best guess) a puree of raw onion, Scotch Bonnets (or
maybe their wimpy cousins, habaneros), and cilantro with lime juice and
thick green olive oil beaten in. Plus salt and coarse black pepper. This
stuff would make even the plastic chickens at Boston Market taste good.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com