SC - Anglo-Saxon recipes

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 27 17:50:33 PST 2000

Hello!

And then 'Lainie wrote:

>Could your provide a citation? It doesn't _sound_ like an Anglo-Saxon
>Text, but I'd have to see it first. I take it what you saw was in modern
>English? Was it a facsimile? A translation?

Unfortunately, no.  As said, I was in Cape Town then (South Africa).  I am
now in Israel.  From memory, it was a transcription (i.e.  typed, but using
original words and spelling) but I wouldn't bet on it.  I looked through a
lot of books at that stage (I was too broke to buy books, and the library
didn't have many cookery texts, so I read through all the surrounding
literature in the hope of finding something faintly useful).  Maybe one of
the Adamestorians would be fool enough to go and look?  It's in the English
Lit section of the UCT library, 3 books bound in pale blue cloth...

Cairistiona