SC - Dying Appliances WAS: *GRUMBLE*

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 27 09:14:24 PST 2000

From: Mordonna22 at aol.com
>RichSCA at aol.com writes:
>  >And nothing is worse than a pink refrigerator.
>
>Unless it's aqua.
>
>That is the color of the former fridge, a pale aqua, kind of like a
>watered down
>shade of teal.

OK, i'm al-shazhiyya, but i'd say it depends on the rest of the decor
of the room in which it resides. Often refrigerators in "decorator
colors" were chosen to match other aspects of the room, which, of
course were much changed later causing unpleasant color clashes.

I personally think aqua isn't bad. As for the pink, to me it would
depend on whether it's a cold pink or a warm pink.

But, truly, i must say i think 1970's avocado green is worse, as it
is gloomy and dark. At least aqua and pink are light and not
oppressive, even if you think they are icky.

My current fridge is white, replacing a warm brown one that died a
couple summers ago.
Fortunately i live in part of a lovely California Arts and Crafts
style bungalow with nice interior detail.
Unfortunately my landlord decided to pain ALL the wood work in ALL
the rooms baby aspirin orange (it's pale-ish, might be thought of as
apricot or peach or Santa Fe sandstone :-)

So that clashes with the 1920's kitchen tile in art-deco-ish yellow
and black (kinda like a can of Chock Full'o'Nuts coffee) and my
1930's yellow and pale green stove with the cast iron top and a water
boiler on the side (forerunner of a hot water heater? i don't know if
it's functional) and a oven without a thermostat (so i won't be
baking any angel food cakes)

Anahita
a bit pink in the face, as weather.com said it would be cloudy and
maybe rain at West Crown, so i didn't bring my paper parasol, and
instead it was sunny sunny sunny and quite warm during the day

And just so's y'all know, i'm *not* the next Queen of the West :-)