SC - Juice of sour oranges--source

Aelfwyn at aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Mon Mar 27 18:24:26 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/27/00 4:55:48 PM Pacific Standard Time, Lady Brighid ni
Chiarain writes:

<< note: orange juice would refer to the juice of sour oranges.  In _The
 Medieval Kitchen_, it is suggested that one can substitute the juice of
 two oranges mixed with the juice of a lemon. >>

I am doing the orange chicken recipe from _Medieval Kitchen_ this Saturday
for feast. Much to my amazement Shop and Save (our Maine grocery chain) had
juice of sour oranges in the international isle. It is a Goya product so
probably widely available. Who'd a thunk it?
Aelfwyn