SC - don't cringe too bad....

Leslie Lansdowne lalliepop at netzero.net
Mon Mar 27 19:12:53 PST 2000

My husband was an employee of McDonalds for 17 years, and he was over
worked, paid pretty well for the business he was in and received great
benefits. Once in a while they would have the typical stupid employees, but
generally they looked for people that could eventually be more than crew
workers. McDonalds isn't some crack restaurant, they take what they do very
seriously--as my husband will attest to having graduated #1 in his class
from Hamburger University 10 years ago (ok, no snickers here---it is a real
restaurant college.)  As for Boston Market, he also worked there and
everything they make is made from scratch, believe it or not.  There are no
mixes, everything is fresh and the chicken is served straight from the
rotisserie, unlike KFC, where I worked for 10 years of my life---everything
at KFC is from a mix.  Now, I'm not endorsing any of these restaurants, but
I did feel that the stereotypical ideas of fast food should be addressed,
even though it is very off topic. One thing I will agree with, fast food is
definitly not good for you!

Now my husband works for Taco Bell and he works as many hours, makes a lot
more money and the benefits are awesome.  Say what you want about fast food
restaurants, it does take more than some dolt to run them! And, despite
being 1/2 Mexican, I absolutely LOVE bean burritos with sour cream and
guacamole!

Leslie:-)who is not being argumentative, just informative having lived the
life of a fast food manager and having been the wife of a fast food manager
for the last 18 years.