SC - Offering to compile the list Re: - Period Ingredients Master List

RichSCA at aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Thu Mar 30 03:53:24 PST 2000

Unto the Group and especially Lord Stefan,

I have the following books with me in the RV.  If these are "fairly"
acceptable resources to the group I have the time to make a listing of foods
(minus New World foods) using 1600 as a cut off date.  After the listing is
compiled, the Group can make any changes based on their documentation.  Just
let me know.

Food by Waverley Root
History of Food by Toussaint-Samat
Food in History by Tannahill

Rayne
Meridies

In a message dated 3/30/00 12:22:33 AM Central Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

<<
 > Wouldn't it be easier to go to the glossaries of the primary-ish sources we
 > individuals own and copy the Glossaries, excerpting the bits that don't
 > apply? It would make life run much more smoothly, it would provide a
 > resource for those ingredients, and we'd be reasonably certain that the
 > ingredients would be "period" (how I HATE that expression!).

 > Aoife, acting like a librarian---if you do record-management right once
 > (even if it's a nightmare), you'll never have to do it again!

 "never have to do it again!"
 Hmmph.
 For some reason I don't believe this. :-)

 I have the equipment to do this, but not the referances or the time.
 However, as mentioned before, I am willing to host it or other similar
 projects on the Florilegium site.
 Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net