SC - Re: OT: Naming - was ,Zabaglione

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu Mar 30 06:33:38 PST 2000

     My mother used to be a social worker, and told the story of one of her
clients who had a baby girl named Female (pronounced Fee-molly). When my
mother asked how she had come up with such an unusually sounding name, the
girl replied that she hadn't named the child, the hospital had . . .
    I knew a pair of twin boys named Romeo and Juliet (worse than being
named Sue, I'll bet), and the minority (afro/french/creole composite) names
people are coming up with nowadays are going to be the despair of
onamasticians in future ages. Ya gotta wonder if, say, 500 years from now,
there will be a society devoted to re-creating 20th-21st century culture . .
.

    Sieggy