SC - OT - naming

Gwynydd of Culloden Gwynydd_of_Culloden at freemail.com.au
Thu Mar 30 07:23:58 PST 2000

- ------------APFM25919250

Yes, but perhaps it is not such a bad idea!  I have heard of three unfortunate sisters in Brazil whose parents called them Photocopy, Authenticate, and Xerox!  Or the family who lived near us and had called one son "Gazza" - which is usually a nickname for Gary.  Also, my Lady knew a boy whose mother (who couldn't spell and obviously wasn't taught a few basic rule of English) called him Jammie (one wonders if she gave birth in a bath of rasberry jam?).

Gwynydd

At 2000-03-30 22:59:43.500001,
"Morgan Cain" (morgancain at earthlink.net) wrote:
> >     Were you aware that the French gov't must approve your
> child's name?
> > They maintain a list of approved names, and if the name you want
> for your
> > baby isn't on the list, bad luck, try again.
> >
> >     Sieggy
>

> Not just France, but in the good ol' USA also -- at least, in St.
> Louis, and
> when I was born, which is why my birth certificate's
> authentication is
> somewhat after my date of birth.  (I had a stubborn mother.)
> Apparently
> "Margo," which is a perfectly good name in France, didn't exist in
> Missouri.
> My mother had to show them.
>
>                                 ---= Morgan

> SCA-Cooks".

> =========

 Send Amazing Cards FREE by e-mail with
 FREE e-Gift and FREE decoration:
 www.mini-card.com/index.asp?referer=fm1
 Get your own free email account at
 http://www.freemail.com.au/ now part of the
 Webuser.com.au independent portal. Visit at…
 http://www.webuser.com.au
- ------------APFM25919250--