SC - Another cooking failure - *sigh*

Gwynydd of Culloden Gwynydd_of_Culloden at freemail.com.au
Fri Mar 31 09:33:44 PST 2000

- ------------APFM26058670

I guess I could stop in at the local supermarket and buy some Melba Toasts (tiny slices of toast) - I am not in a position to toast my own bread for this (and the dish is for a pot luck later on today - OMG, is that the time!).  I have to say that the stuff tastes really good - I think my Lady is going to insist on a repeat just for her!

Actually I suspect that the honey is the culprit - I was concerned that the thermometer was not as well covered with honey as it should have been.  The chicken was, if anything, too dry.  I really should have done the test you give - blame it on the hour!

Thanks for the advice

Gwynydd

At 2000-04-01 00:03:42.968001,
"Cindy M. Renfrow" (cindy at thousandeggs.com) wrote:
> ><snip>...now that I have added the cold, cooked chicken, can I
> really
> >re-boil the mixture, or would I be better off >leaving it as is
> (sloppy)
> >and saying "you eat it with a spoon"?
>
> >Gwynydd
>
> Hi!  Either the honey wasn't quite done enough, or the chicken had
> too much
> liquid.  Don't re-boil the mixture now that you've added the
> chicken.  Turn
> to the page about Pokerounce (you'll notice the recipes are
> similar) &
> serve your chicken mixture on toasts of bread.  Believe me its
> better than
> eating Pynade with a spoon. Experiment to see what type of bread
> you like
> best.
>
> Regards,
>

> Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu
> cindy at thousandeggs.com
> Author & Publisher of "Take a Thousand Eggs or More, A Collection
> of 15th
> Century Recipes" and "A Sip Through Time, A Collection of Old
> Brewing
> Recipes"
> http://www.thousandeggs.com

> SCA-Cooks".

> =========

 Send Amazing Cards FREE by e-mail with
 FREE e-Gift and FREE decoration:
 www.mini-card.com/index.asp?referer=fm1
 Get your own free email account at
 http://www.freemail.com.au/ now part of the
 Webuser.com.au independent portal. Visit at…
 http://www.webuser.com.au
- ------------APFM26058670--