SC - cheese cultures

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Fri Mar 31 16:01:56 PST 2000

- --=====================_639015510==_.ALT

At 06:10 PM 3/31/00 -0500,CBlackwill at aol.com said something like:
>BTW:  If anyone is culturing the bacteria for making bleu cheese, I would
>really like to know you better...mine died off about two years ago, and I
>haven't been able to get another culture to survive more than three days. Of
>course, I have been trying with commercially available strains from the U.S.,
>which may have a termination "gene" in them to prevent cultivation.)

Have you checked out the New England Cheesemaking Supply web page? They
carry several culture starters, and the first one they list is the type for
blue cheese.
its at:
https://camby.crocker.com/cgi-bin/bigcheez/web_store/web_store.cgi?page=cata
log.htm&cart_id=

Heck, they make it look easy enough that I may give the cheesemaking thing
one more shot. (My last attempt was abysmally AWFUL!)

Regards,
Maggie MacD.

- --=====================_639015510==_.ALT

At 06:10 PM 3/31/00 -0500,CBlackwill at aol.com said something like:<br>
for making bleu cheese, I would <br>
really like to know you better...mine died off about two years ago, and I
haven't been able to get another culture to survive more than three days.
Of <br>
course, I have been trying with commercially available strains from the
U.S., <br>
which may have a termination "gene" in them to prevent
cultivation.)<br>
Have you checked out the New England Cheesemaking Supply web page? They
carry several culture starters, and the first one they list is the type
for blue cheese.<br>
its at:<br>
Heck, they make it look easy enough that I may give the cheesemaking
thing one more shot. (My last attempt was abysmally AWFUL!)<br>
Regards,<br>
Maggie MacD.<br>