SC - Land of Hockey? (OOP)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Mar 31 18:59:50 PST 2000

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> What _are_ "bananas in pajamas?"
> Maire-the-culturally-challenged-American

Literally, bananas in pajamas. I _think_ they were puppets. They were
the two hosts(?) of a wildly popular, non-threatening children's TV show
for a while. I don't know if they're still being broadcast in the USA.
Not quite as stultifyingly, skull-drillingly mindnumbing as Barney, but
fairly entertainingly surrealistic, if taken in small doses. Say, less
than 28 seconds at a time.

They were bipedal bananas in striped pajamas. As I recall one had a
little embroidered "1" on his pocket; the other was "2", so you could
tell them apart. Every morning they woke up and...

"BaNAnas...in paJAmas...are COMing down the stairs..."

They still remind me of Terrence and Phillip.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com