SC - Way OT - celery & PB

sdrake mercedes at geotec.net
Mon May 1 05:35:23 PDT 2000

Ras posted:
'Rhodes
Numbels'. A whole young beef heart was rubbed inside and out with salt and
pepper. A slit about 1 inch deep was made in the tip of the heart. It was
then roasted in a 325 degree F oven until tender, placed on a platter, large
end down and surrounded with a band of curly parsley. A scoop of medium
white
sauce was dribbled over the small end and the entire thing served as a
center
piece on the buffet. Comments were interesting and it did get eaten in
entirety.<<<<

I'm missing something here.  Perhaps I have not caught some
specific classical reference or something.  Why would you consider
this an "illusion food", because it was supposed to look like a
human heart  I presume?  I must have missed the literary item
in which the context of your creation is based.  I will probably
feel quite stupid when you enlighten me on this.

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"