SC - odor removal

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Mon May 1 20:01:46 PDT 2000

Bronwynmgn at aol.com writes:

<<
 The only place I have seen this claim made is in Fabulous Feasts.  Do we
have
 any evidence for the use of Carob, St John's Bread , or Manna (or the
 equation of carob with the other two names) in the middle ages other than
Fab
 Feasts?

 Brangwayna Morgan >>

    I seem to recall seeing at least one recipe for carob in one of the
Middle Eastern sources. I can't recall which one at the moment,
unfortunately.......... Ras? Cariadoc?

        Ldy Diana, who likes carob just fine on it's own merits--but doesn't
consider *anything* an adequate substitute for real chocolate! ;-)