SC - Re: Top 8 icks list

RANDALL DIAMOND ringofkings at mindspring.com
Mon May 1 20:47:31 PDT 2000

Kiri says:
it
anywhere else, and I've traveled to most of the major areas in the US.  I
grew up
eating them...in fact, my mother used to can them on occasion, when we could
get
them fresh from harvesting (the peanuts, that is).  Once in a blue moon I
find
them in a store somewhere in the south, but rarely!<<<<

Yasam, yasam, dey be frum da Sout.  Da dep Sout, in particular.
Ranks right up there with suckin' the brains out of dem crawdads
down in Cajan country too.   In Meridies commonly, travel to rural
events in late summer and early fall is marked every few miles
(on interstates... NOT)  by columns of smoke announcing another
roadside stand with  boiling cauldrons of peanuts for sale.  Nothing
compares with their gaseous effects (except maybe pickled eggs)
in  a closed van.  Messy too.... wet shells and skins all over the floor
mats!

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"