SC - RE: List Volume

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue May 2 03:01:50 PDT 2000

>Having been a professional cook for so long (and an unprofessional one for
>much longer), I have developed every cooks innate ability to instinctively
>know how to make changes to a dish to achieve a desired effect or
>flavor/texture.

I would disagree that every cook has this innate ability.  My mother is
proof positive of this.  Couldn't boil water without it burning the bottom
of the pan, even after cooking lessons.  I've even seen professional chefs
who wouldn't know how to prepare good food if it came up behind them and
kicked them in the rear end.
I envy you your innate ability, I had to work bloody hard for mine.
- -Katerine