Subject: Re: SC - Re: No fedora fricasse yet!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue May 2 03:56:13 PDT 2000

Black_Jade at bigpond.com writes:

> I would disagree that every cook has this innate ability.  My mother is
>  proof positive of this.  Couldn't boil water without it burning the bottom
>  of the pan, even after cooking lessons.  I've even seen professional chefs
>  who wouldn't know how to prepare good food if it came up behind them and
>  kicked them in the rear end.
>  I envy you your innate ability, I had to work bloody hard for mine.

Let me rephrase that (so it doesn't sound so arrogant):  "...developed, after
many, many years of study and laborious toil, the ability, which is innate in
all cooks, though not necessarily unlocked, to instinctively know how to
change....etc.."

Does that sound a little more realistic?  Actually, I have always felt
fortunate to have a natural flair for cooking, just as some folks are
naturally good at math.  Now, if it will only transfer over to medieval
cooking....
That remains to be seen, I guess.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.