SC - Boiled Peanuts

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue May 2 04:03:31 PDT 2000

> Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:55:20 -0600
> From: Joan Nicholson <gryphon at carlsbadnm.com>
> Subject: Re: SC - Re: No fedora fricasse yet!
>
> Alas Akim, you force me to date myself.  I and my classmates had it in NY
> state, Fl and Md throughout the 50's.  I still enjoy it today.  We also ate
> bananas slathered in the stuff and wrapped in wax paper.
>
> Prydwen the Chronologically-challenged  8^D

Umm, does anybody else have a logistical problem with the assumption
that "classic" equates with the 1950's? Of course, they _did_ give rise
to the recently aforementioned Ralph Kramden...

Adamantius (coulda been worse; they might have said the 70's, har har
haaaar de har har)

P.S.: Celery with peanut butter was something I encountered as a
relatively kid-specific food in the early 60's, probably popularized by
one of the "women's" magazines such as Good Housekeeping
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com