SC - RE: List Volume

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue May 2 06:32:44 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 2 May 00,, that CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

> On the same lines, does anyone know where I can find a period (or at least
> period-like) butter churn?  All of my web searches have turned up zippo.

http://www.lehmans.com is a company that supplies various household
and farm equipment to non-electric-using folks, such as the Amish.
They sell 7 different styles of churns, including the old-fashioned type
that is a copper-bound wooden cylinder with a dasher.  A mini churn
that churns 1-1/2 quarts of milk and will produce 2-1/2 lbs. of butter will
cost you $52.50.  (Less if you want one that is only decorative and has
not been lined with beeswax.)

> Balthazar of Blackmoor
> (who also needs a good dutch oven...mine snapped in half about two months
> ago during a particularly busy weekend)

Lehman's also sells dutch ovens.  The sizes range from a 2-quart to a
12-quart.  I don't know how they compare in quality and price to other
suppliers.  I have never dealt with this company, but I often see them
mentioned around the Net when people are discussing things like hand-
cranked ice-cream makers or bread-dough kneaders.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net