SC - Boiled Peanuts

catwho@bellsouth.net catwho at bellsouth.net
Tue May 2 09:07:02 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/2/2000 5:32:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

> On the same lines, does anyone know where I can find a period (or at least
>  period-like) butter churn?  All of my web searches have turned up zippo.

The Lehman's Non-electric Catalog has several types in stock. I'd imagine, in
my completely ignorant, uninformed about butter making in period fashion that
the "Tapered Oak 'Dasher-Style' Churns" might be close to late period. They
can be found at

http://secure02.ecommercesoftware.com/cgibin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgmenb
r=12426&cgrfnbr=31733&FROM_CAT_REF=31731 .

I imagine by now Lehman's  has recovered from the mountain of orders they got
from the Y2K scare. In case you want to browse or in case the upper URL
doesn't work, try going from the front page at

http://www.lehmans.com/

>  Balthazar of Blackmoor
>  (who also needs a good dutch oven...mine snapped in half about two months
> ago during a particularly busy weekend)

Try Kamper's Kettle at http://rmc.net/kampers/index.html or the Cumberland
General Store at http://www.cumberlandgeneral.com/sell.htm .

Corwyn