Frying Spam? wasRe: SC - Thin is in . .. .lose the butt fatty!

Peldyn@aol.com Peldyn at aol.com
Tue May 2 09:44:32 PDT 2000

history on
> > Maravian Spice
> > Cookies. Can you help me and if so can you send me the history for
> > these
> > wonderful cookies?
> >
> > Thank You,
> > Lady Jacquetta Edington of Yorkshire

MOravian Spice Cookies.  Aren't they addictive?  Another thing on the before
moving to do list is to go to Old Salem and enjoy them and sugar cake with a
picnic on the village green. (sob!)

A web search on the correct spelling, or "Old Salem" or Salem, NC might find
useful information.  My general knowledge is the cookies were brought to NC
by a religious sect that originated in Moravia. The Moravian religion is
still thriving in NC. I have Moravian friends that make the cookies and we
were wondering a few days ago if they were always that thin, or if they have
become thinner through the last 2 centuries.  A case of striving ever harder
to meet ever rising standards?  It's all but impossible to roll them as thin
as the expensive cookies in the red canister.  Last I heard, those were
still not machine rolled, but the ladies that roll them have so much more
practice at it than any of us will have.

Bonne