SC - Period Butter churn (was Re: memories)

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue May 2 12:24:06 PDT 2000

Unto the newer and older members of the SCA Cook's List,
Does Mistress Christianna MacGrain sendeth
Greetings,
	I am glad to see so many new (what, not faces, email addresses?) show up
on this list, and have had a long but pleasurable job in sorting throught
he 1000+ messages that awaited me upon my return from Memphis this past
weekend.  I am sure you will find many interesting things here,  will
learn a lot, and hopefully have fun while here.
	I would like to throw in a small bit of advice, if I may.  If  you have
a recipe that you are working on, or have just found, or whatever, please
post it.   Asking if anyone is interested only generates several "Yes,
please" and "Me, too" type replies, which I am sure everyone will agree
only add to the astounding number of messages that come across this list
already.  You then also end up posting the recipe, which generates more
mail, but at least we can trim down some of the unneeded entreaties for
goodies we all know we want anyway.  I know that most new folks wish to
be polite, but repeated mentions of recipes without the actual goods
_will_ eventually result in your being called a "Spoon Tease", and we
don't want that, now do we?
	Another reminder, ok, 2 reminders.  Change your subject lines, even when
just replying to a message, so that we can keep up with the topics.  This
not only allows those who wish to skip a specific topic to delete at
will, but also helps identifying the message later once it's been filed
for future reference.
	Reminder #2, clip your messages down to the relevant parts, not just for
the digest folks (who will thank you, I trust, but not with "me, too"
replies!) but to help find the new part of the message faster when
reading through them.
	We also can't stress the Florilegium enough, there is so much
information in there, it is just staggering.  Stephan does Herculean work
for us there, and we would all be remiss if we didn't take advantage of
it.  Not to mention the fact that we come upon certain topics in a
cyclical fashion, and one can 'catch up' pretty quickly on what has been
discussed before by reviewing the files there.
	I have several messages I have saved to comment on later, but my
computer time is about up for now, so those will have to wait.
	Welcome again to the new folks, and best wishes to the old far... um,
wise sages. ;)
	Sincerely,
	Christianna