SC - moravian spice cookies-recipe please

Donna Ford evfemia at mail.com
Tue May 2 14:03:24 PDT 2000

	I was thinking more of sudden shocks to the Iron making it brittle not a
slower cooling over night.  If you took a cast iron griddle that was hot
enough to do say blackened Steak & poured air tempature water over it to
cool it down quickly then the thermal shock could cause it to fail.  This
would be akin to a process in blacksmithing: you heat the steel to a red
then dump it in water to cool it down this makes the steel harder but also
makes it more brittle (cast iron is brittle anyways).
Hej!
Olaf