SC - Ways to Win

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue May 2 16:46:13 PDT 2000

That recipe's different to ours here.

Mine (in the fine mediaeval tradition) has no actual measurements, just
ingredients to taste.

Pumpkin (peeled and chopped into 2" or so bits), chicken stock (or better
still, chicken pieces, pre-browned - remove the bones at the end) and
water), onion (browned), garlic and parsley. Put in a pot and simmer until
everything's falling apart when prodded.

Blend to a smooth paste and serve, with optional pepper, sour cream and
parmesan cheese (and bread).

Last time I used a half a large pumpkin, two onions, 1 kg of chicken legs, a
couple of cloves of garlic (not enough for our tastes, really, but too much
for my MIL, who's not a fan), and a good handful of fresh parsley.

As you can see, there's no sweetening in this soup, probably as we tend to
treat this as a savoury rather than a sweet vegetable.

Glenda.
(amateur anthropologist)