SC - grains of paradise article

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue May 2 18:24:36 PDT 2000

If anyone reads the New York Times, there should be an interesting article
on grains of paradise either today or sometime in the next few days (I saw
the article on the wires this morning , so I don't know when it's actually
printed over there).

There are a few pars on the history - trade and usage - but very general and
no specific dates.

What surprised me was that the journalist likens grains of paradise to
coriander (among other things). Since coriander is one of the few foodstuffs
I hate, and probably the only one I actually refuse to eat, I'm wondering
just how much like coriander other people think grains of paradise taste?

Kylie Walker