SC -Siggy dated was The top 10 icks list

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 01:03:14 PDT 2000

"James F. Johnson" wrote:

> Greetings all!
>
> I have just returned from helping 'Lainie (partially) move up to Three
> Mountains/Portland, OR, for her new job (started May 1. Let the
> Revolution begin!)

Let's hope it's not Tienanmen... ;-)

> Unfortunately, she's having difficulty _replying/sending_ email.
<snip>

We think we have it fixed, though if you have full headers you'll see
that I have more stops than usual. But it appears to be working at the
moment.

> We loaded up my truck with a few things (like Arundel the wayward
> computer, a table and chair, notebooks, lot's of nifty and smashing
> cloths, and a box of Twinings Irish Breakfast tea (OOP food content!)
> and drove to Hotel Drachenwald (Wanda's) and unloaded.

I must point out that the clothes are mostly ones that I made, madly
trying to increase the meagre wardrobe after I got the job offer. And
the tea is a public safety measure!

> A few things:
>
> She has her _own_ office. Corner office. Corner window office. Okay, so
> she has to share it occasionally as the conference room or lunch room,
> but otherwise, it's all _hers_. She even gets a key to the front door
> (Tuesday, she was the first one to arrive).

Two walls are full length windows. No chance of goofing off undetected!
;-D. The photocopier is right next to me too, though we're looking at
moving it. Actually, we we can solve the wiring problems, we're going to
move my desk to the other side of the room. But it's cool- I can see the
donut and coffee truck and warn the rest of the office that their
'pusher' is here! (I don't drink coffee and I'm on a diet)

> Her first day was Monday (and she looked d**n sharp and cute). She's
> been reading up on her job duties and the wetland's issues that her
> workplace will be having to deal with.

Right next to the Columbia River- alot of wastewater issues, etc.

> They are also organizing a sort
> of open house for the member businesses on Friday, where they all show
> up like for a mini trade show, to get to know who there is and what they
> do. She's been busy calling all the members to see what they need for
> space and whatever for their displays. Several members have been
> thrilled to find out this much needed position of hers has been filled.

It really is a fairly large trade show- we're up to 50-something
exhibitors, all of whom have their own quirks... And I have a sore
throat now, I made so many phone calls. And I've determined that the
definition of eternity is two people with voice mail...

> Hopefully(!), she'll have a working car before the weekend. It's not
> _quite_ ready yet.

Still waiting...

> Hopefully(!), she'll get her email service sorted out soon, so she can
> write and reply to the list.

Here I am!

> Me? I spent the two days running around town, dropping off resumes as
 places suitable for me.

And oh, boyhowdy! You wanna talk lookin' sharp? Whee! We had lunch
together and it was hard to restrain my self from... um... acting in a
rather unprofessional manner!
My! Everyone thinks that he'll find something quickly and if looks alone
were it...!

So I've survived, sort of. I'm VERY TIRED and I think I'll head to bed
without watching Jay Leno, which is a crime. But I want some sleep. Good
to be back on-list!

love,

'Lainie