SC - FW: ! URGENT Virus alert by Global Support Center

Susanne.Mayer@vie.boehringer-ingelheim.com Susanne.Mayer at vie.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Thu May 4 04:44:17 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/3/00 12:54:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sudnserv5 at netway.com writes:

> Spinich  ---  Persia (middle ages: espinoche)
>  Kale --- I want to say Portugal  ( a variation on the original spelling
'cole')
>  Cucumbers -  The foothills of the Himalayas  (cultivated in India for more
than 300 years, it was introduced to Egypt by the Hebrews)
>  Bell Peppers --- Capsicum poivrons -- North or South America, I believe
>  Cabbich  --- Europe
>  Turnips (purple) ---  Europe (French Navet)
>  Okra --- Africa or Asia, introduced into the Americas by slaves.
>  Green Beans ---  France, I believe, for the "string" or "french" bean,
though Haricot Beans were introduced into France from North America in the
14th century (presented to Catherine de Medici as a gift from Pope Clement
the Seventh).  "
>  Butter Beans ---  America
>  Pole Beans  ---  I'm not sure, perhaps these have another name?
>  Field Peas  --- France?
>  Butter Peas  ---  ?
>  Bell Peppers  --- see above
>  English Peas --- France
>  Potatos  --- South America
>  Sweet Potato --- South America or Africa
>  Collards ---  Africa
>  Tomato  ---  Peru (from the Aztec word Tomatl)
>  Squash --- This depends on which type of squash you are referring to...
>  Water Mellons --- Melons originated in Asia
>  Cantilope --- I assume Asia as well...
>  Egg Plant  --- India, cultivated in Italy by the late 15th
>  Zuccini  --  I will guess Italy, for it's historically popular use in the
Mediterranean
>  Corn  -- North America (assuming you are thinking of sweet corn, or
maize...)

If I get the most right, what do i win?

Balthazar of Blackmoor
Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.