SC - Truck Crops

allilyn@juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri May 5 11:47:08 PDT 2000

Hello,

Just wanted to let you that the satay recipe is good for chicken and pork as
well. Also, be careful not to marinate it too long, especially if you use
chicken. I think five hours might be limit on beef. The marinade will cause
the meat to become too tender to stay on the stick. I think this is because
of the coconut milk. I usually marinate it for a couple of hours only. You
can make up the marinade ahead of time if you want.

I have a similar recipe that I got in Singapore from an old man who sold
satay from the back of his moped. He had a little hibachi grill and a cooler
in a big box on the back.  I don't remember the specifics (okay,  it was 20
years ago) and I wasn't paying much attention. Anyway, you would order pork,
chicken or beef satay and then he would cook it for you right there on the
back of his bike. He had peanut sauce and another soy-type sauce in bottles
that you could squeeze onto the sticks after they were cooked.  It was the
best.

Ysabeau of Prague