SC - Food guessing game for demos

Morgana Abbey morgana.abbey at juno.com
Sun May 7 11:07:09 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Maire

> What are "acid drops" and "Kendal mint cake?"

Acid drops are small, round, boiled ( I think) sweets which are deeply
acidic (the forerunner of warheads and so on).  The ones I have seen are
raspberry or lemon and are coated with icing sugar.  I have always loved
them, but I had a disappointing experience with some I bought recently -
they were not nearly acidic enough.  Normally a couple of them can take the
lining off your tongue.

Kendall mint cakes, however, I can't describe to you because I only vaguely
remember them from when my mother's de facto went bushwalking and took some
with him for energy.

At the moment the book has gone into hiding, otherwise I would have sent the
recipes.  When the book re-emerges, I will send them.

Take care,
Gwynydd