SC - Americans and corn (was: Food guessing game)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon May 8 17:29:46 PDT 2000

JGedney at dictaphone.com writes:

<< "Documentation, Please?"

 Brandu >>

I would start with the unabridged edition of the Golden Bough (Frazier). I
will try to out together further sources over the next few days. Since I am
just a common working guy who has been reading for years, my time is somewhat
limited in the preparation of bibliographies of books which are commonly
available to anyone with an interest in a particular subject. There are
hundreds of articles and books written about paganism and it's practice
through the years.

BTW, I am no different from any other spiritual person of what ever faith. If
you are immersed in your faith it permeates your life. I do try to write
dispassionately about such things but apparently fail miserably in the
effort. I also am not of the opinion that things have to be written about
from a disinterested viewpoint. I receive far more information from articles
and books written by people that live the subject they are talking about.

Anyway, attributing the Church with influence in areas that they simply had
nothing to do with other than assimilation and renaming is very wrong and not
a little deceptive. It is far better to instruct the people about their
roots, IMO.

Ras
(whose closest friends have affectionately called  him the Jerry Falwell of
Paganism. :-))