SC - Holy Feast and Holy Fast

Serian serian at uswest.net
Mon May 8 21:52:39 PDT 2000

> What Columbus did was open up the New World to European domination and set
> off a series of events which resulted in the complete destruction of
> several highly advanced preexisting cultures. Hardly, a thing to be
glorified for,

    Yeah, sure.  Invaders came in, conquered a people, and annihilated them
and we aren't supposed to glorify the conquerors.  Well, I certainly hope
your persona isn't Celtic, Italian, German, English, Japanese, Korean,
Chinese, Thai, Indian, Egyptian, Hebrew, Syrian, Persian, Russian, Rumanian,
Turkish, Norwegian, Finnish, Georgian, Arabic, French, Spanish, Portugese,
Dutch, Polish, Czech, Austrian, Algerian, Etheopian, Zulu, Mali, Hawaiian,
Maori, or, for that matter, Huron, Iriquois, Aztec, Maztica, Inca, Olmec,
Sioux, Apache, Seminole, Cherokee...  if it is, you're glorifying the
conqueror.

    I could go on, but I hope you get the point by now.  If you go back far
enough, you will find a case of "Crush our enemies, see them driven before
us, and hear the lamentation of their women" in *ANY* culture's history.
That's what conquerers do.  That's what they've always done.  Whining about
one particular case isn't going to get you anywhere.

    Sayyid Suleyman