SC - Serving question

catwho@bellsouth.net catwho at bellsouth.net
Tue May 9 06:07:26 PDT 2000

Johann von Metten
(Marcus Sullivan-Loidolt)

My Lords and Ladies, might I suggest that a further discussion of this
topic is best suited for the religious-anthropology list?
 I am also asking permission to forward the pertinent discussions from
this list to that one, believe me there seems to be a more detailed
discussion on this list than that one!

 It is extremely rare to find a people anywhere who were not aggressive
and oppressive to their neighbors at one time or another, such is the
human condition!!
 To blame one group for 'all' the ills of another while it is tempting
and even at times understandable it is ultimately useless.
 ( note this is coming from a 2nd gen. Irishman whose family STILL bears
hard feelings to the color orange and a whole host of other hatreds of a
certain neighboring island!)
  HF&HF is still a fascinating and fairly accurate work on how food is
percieved and dealt with in a particular time and clime. I have enjoyed
having it on my shelves and using it to help me see into another time.

peace and good eating!
Johann/ Marcus