SC - Period cookery recipes

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue May 9 06:46:29 PDT 2000

> As for servers, when my household is doing the feast/cooking, we ask each
> table to select a volunteer to be their server.  The servers then get a
> very brief discussion on the mechanics of serving and the history of it.

Again, I question this tactic.  I don't pay to go to an event, dress
in my finer things, PAY for feast to be asked to work.  It
is the responsibility of the hall steward to obtain servers and do
their training *before* the feast and preferably before the event.

Now I have on many occaissions decided that I didn't want to partake
of feast and opted to serve at feast, but I would be hard pressed to
get up from my table when I am a guest (which when you think about it
all the people feasting are guests of the most ranking noble present)
 What if you had a truly presedence set feast where there was an
entire table of dukes and duchesses.  Would you be bold enough to ask
their graces to supply a server of themselves?

Stepping off my soapbox (unless the next message also reads about
requesting volunteers.)

Melbrigda
There was som deceptyon or frawdulent
induction that hath made her to condescende
therunto

Visit my website at http://milkmama.tripod.com/sca.html