SC - Unhistoric things we serve WAS:Shepherds Pie

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue May 9 10:06:50 PDT 2000

> "catwho at bellsouth.net" wrote:
>
> > You ask your guests who paid to eat your feast to serve?
> >
> > Melbrigda
>
> Yes, actually, we do.  You see, the only folks at our feasts who don't pay are
> the head cook and the autocrat.  With smaller events, this is the only way we can
> break even...and even then we occasionally lose money.  No one really seems to
> mind as it has become such a tradition within our kingdom.

I suppose it is a fall back to "Do it once and it's new.  Do it twice
and it sets a prescendence.  Do it three times it is a tradition."
Maybe we should change the way we think about serving.  I wouldn't
mind a sign up sheet at the troll, but I don't think it fair to ask
for volunteers from people who are setting down to feast.

As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I serve alot at feasts.  I love
the job.  I try to do it with all the pomp and circumstance required
of the office.  I wear a period apron (13 c.) and carry my own
towels over my left shoulder.  And generally if I am not serving at
an event I am either playing music or cooking.  But that's just my
thing.

Melbrigda
There was som deceptyon or frawdulent
induction that hath made her to condescende
therunto

Visit my website at http://milkmama.tripod.com/sca.html