SC - serving... an unusual method

Suzanne Berry sberry at primavera.com
Tue May 9 10:59:28 PDT 2000

Huette said:
>  the whole course is
>served within 10 minutes.

Yes!

>No wonder your servers are exhausted ... for 250, I
>would have 25 servers and 6 drink servers, plus at
>least two servers just for the royals at the head
>table.

Rule of thumb around here is, head server to coordinate, one server per
table, at least one drink server (head server may be a second drink server)
and two servers for high table.

>If you have a "99 Cents Only Store" in your area, they
>are the best place to start a good store of serving
>vessels.  I never rely on the hall to have adequate
>serving dishes, so I always provide my own.  ...
>I have a full storage shed and am
>willing to loan them out to those in need.

Oh, dear me!  Is this normal in Caid, that the cook should provide this
stuff, rather than the canton/college/barony/kingdom?  OUr barony has a
collection of stuff which is signed out from the quartermaster by the cook
or autocrat.  We loan it up to Kingdom regularly too.

The
>hardest part are tablecloths.

In atlantia, guest bring their own clothes.  Twelth night sometimes has a
color theme and guests are requested to try to stick with the theme, but
it's not required.

bonne