SC - Unhistoric things we serve

Adler, Chris Chris.Adler at westgroup.com
Tue May 9 13:23:52 PDT 2000

> Sayyid Suleyman al Rashid ibn Beyazid,
>     Proud Ottoman Turk skrev:
>
> >    I have a problem with Cariadoc anyway.

> >   (A view which is common in society as a whole, unfortunately.)
>
> Yes, he has his weaknesses, but I hardly think that this List, or any other,
> is the right place to argue them without providing specific quotes from him,
> with specific documentation to refute his statements or his assertions.
> Let's deal with the evidence, please folks, and let personalities slide.
>
> Phlip the Currently Saintly

Was the first post part of the list? I must have missed it because I know that
I would jump all over anyone making such statements on my list. If you wish
to slam or flame any member of my list it had better be in a private mail and
not publicly posted. If this was a private post and Philip posted it to the
list
then she had better hope it was done accidently. I'll not have such slanderous
and reactionary comments allowed in any way on this list. As a matter of
record, His Grace has earned his notable respect through years of fighting the
current of public opinion and disinterest. His scholarship is solid and the
effort he puts into trying to make the SCA a more realistic place as well as
his work to make period cookery a reality instead of a mockery deserves
proper respect. I will admit that he comes across as a bit harsh sometimes
and I've reminded him of this at times. He has changed his manner on this
list and been quite charming. I have never seen him deliberately slam or
insult anyone as the first posting did to him.

If I see another post like the first quoted on this list, or if a private post
is
publicly posted the offender will be banned.

I'm getting tired of being the big meany lately. Please people, use some
logic and courtesy.

Gunthar