SC - Re: SC Absinthe

Morgana Abbey morgana.abbey at juno.com
Tue May 9 15:02:33 PDT 2000

Another thought from the 3YC feasts.  There were several feasts held in one
of the buildings at the fairgrounds.  The kitchen was small, with a staging
room and feast hall.  we provided some decorations, tables and chairs, and
the entire contents of the mardone culinary guilds equipment shed.  There
was a feast sponsored by Diana List maker for the 'dinosaurs of teh
society',  there was a feast by Cariadoc and elizabeth, a russian feast and
something else (believe me I was a bear of little brain after all of these!)
We asked for volunteers to help in the kitchen and to clean up afterwards.I
had a hall steward (or the group cooking could provide their own)

I enlisted the efforts of the teenage folks from all over the known world to
help serve.  We held a short session on how to serve, each feast had a
different type of service.  The middle eastern feast was served on platters
on the floor, we put the tables , legs folded, on the floor. (everyone was
asked to bring rugs and pillows, etc)

Maeve