SC - European Food

RButler96@aol.com RButler96 at aol.com
Tue May 9 15:04:18 PDT 2000

> Now the question.  I don't like saffron, so many
> "period dishes" require unseemly amounts.  What can I
> use instead?

What is your aversion to saffron aside from the price?  And I don't
really recall any ungodly amounts.  It also isn't a staple ingredient
in very many dishes.  It is more common than in modern dishes but
still not an every dish ingredient.    Usually a few strands are
called for at the most and a little saffron goes a long way.  It is
mainly used for coloring and gives very little flavor.  There are
some great ways to use saffron like cooking it in a bit of almond
milk.

Melbrigda
There was som deceptyon or frawdulent
induction that hath made her to condescende
therunto

Visit my website at http://milkmama.tripod.com/sca.html