SC - Unhistoric things we serve WAS:Shepherds Pie

RButler96@aol.com RButler96 at aol.com
Tue May 9 19:05:47 PDT 2000

"Chinese style" does not necessarily predicate actual chinese-ness.  And
while the Ottoman empire was indeed evident in parts of _Western_
Europe, you have a long way to go before you convince me that what
someone might have eaten at one end of a very large empire was also
eaten at the other end....
There's so much wonderful medieval food out there, why even bother with
trying to justify new world/modern foods? If I want corn on the cob,
I'll go to the grocery store during the week, and if I want tacos or
pumpkin pie or baked potatoes w/sour cream or sweet chocolate desserts,
I'll eat them on my non-SCA time, of which there's plenty.  I reserve my
SCA weekends for something different, something not so mundane.
Blatantly modern foods do as much to destroy the atmosphere I enjoy as
do other blatantly modern things (clothing, conversation topics, etc).
- --Maire, getting down off her soap box, now
- --Maire