SC - Redacted recipes

RButler96@aol.com RButler96 at aol.com
Tue May 9 19:23:00 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 9 May 00,, that DianaFiona at aol.com wrote:

>     OK, since this *isn't* the Herb list: does anyone recall seeing any
> recipes--medicinal or otherwise--for chamomile in period? I'm drawing a
> blank at the moment..........

Not a recipe, but period... Luis Lobera de Avila, author of a 16th century
Spanish health manual, lists chamomile as one of the herbs and flowers
that are put into bath water.  (The others include roses, violets thyme,
sweet clover, and lavender)  He does not mention any medicinal value to
these, so I would guess that they are used purely for scenting the water.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net