SC - Period cookery recipes

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue May 9 20:57:58 PDT 2000

TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

> Small enough to pull on a handcart to large enough to fill a bedroom.  The
>  only requirement is they have enough mass to retain heat long enough to
bake
>  their contents.  The common size for family use will fit in a cube about 3
>  feet on a side.  You can build them without plans, but I've been trying to
>  find a set of measured drawings for a horno to figure out how best to mount
>  it on a trailer.

How about a clay shell, packed over with mud or sod, and then recovered with
clay?  I believe the sod would provide excellent insulation, No?  I'll see if
I an dig something up.  In the meantime, Bear, please keep me in mind if you
find some useful plans for this thing.  I'll let you know how my research is
coming along, as well.

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who has changed his Sig file at the request of list members.  Sorry if
anyone took offense.)

Balthazar's Law of Conservation of Energy:  "Don't move unless you absolutely
have to".