SC - hi...

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue May 9 20:50:53 PDT 2000

> OK, maybe I should clarify.  I see one thing by having a sign up
> sheet or sending a herald around through the day requesting servers
> for that evening.  However, I see it a totally different matter to
> have people set up for feast, relaxing, having the mindset that they
>  are going to eat some good food, listen/watch some nice
> entertainment, share a table with good friends and then be told,
> "BTW, someone from your table has to serve."
>
> Melbrigda

	But ususally all we are talking about is getting up, walking into the
kitchen, having the dish explained to you, and then you walk it back to
your own table and explain it to your tablemates, then sit down and eat
it.  It isn't like you are pulled up from your table to start bringing
drinks and platters to other tables.  And as someone said, very often the
table will send different folks to retrieve the next course.
This method assures you that your table will not get overlooked, and as
such is not usually met with any resistance.
Christianna