SC - Persian milk?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue May 9 22:33:59 PDT 2000

Sieggy asked:
>    Makes
> portion control a whole lot easier, not to mention life for the servers. I
> tend to use no more than a dozen servers for a feast serving 250. Is that
> normal for everyone else?

I believe one server per table of eight or perhaps one per two tables is
more the norm here.

>     I think we could all use an exchange of ideas on how to get it out of
> the kitchen and on to the table. Not just the mechanics, but some of the
> pomposities and ceremonials as well. I know I could use ideas!

You might want to look at these files in the FEASTS section of the
Florilegium for some previous discussions on this topic:
feast-serving-msg (78K)  1/10/00    Ideas for serving feasts. How to organise.
pot-luck-fsts-msg (14K)  1/10/00    Handling 'pot luck' feasts in the SCA.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net