SC -Vikings on Nova

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Tue May 9 23:56:22 PDT 2000

Nova had a wonderful show, 2 hours, on Vikings, tonight.  I missed some,
but enjoyed seeing the journey routes.  Several modern people have traced
the old routes and gotten where the Vikings said they got.  There is a
speculation that 'Vinland' has been identified.  The show can be
purchased on tape, for all you die-hard Vikings.  Lots of interviews with
archeologists, tape of re-creationists, at L'Anse aux Meadows, for
example.  Includes the 'Rus' and their trading journings and settlement
of Russia, especially Kiev.  Seems very well done, and duplicates
information I've gotten from the better resources.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com