SC - Period cookery recipes

JVButlerJr@aol.com JVButlerJr at aol.com
Wed May 10 05:09:44 PDT 2000

Melbrigda said, "I also think that those that serve deserve some sort of
payment for their service.  If I have a full staff that is made from
members of my group, their payment would be to eat first (or at least first
of each remove) and (depending on the number) a small token of my personal
thanks.  If I were relying on volunteers of the guests I would at least
provide a nice desert just for them and perhaps a small token of my
personal thanks."

May I come work for you? I have had disappointing experiences helping at
feasts.  All I'd like to hear is the "Cook-in-charge" let the feasters know
"if you enjoyed the bread served with your meal, please let Leanna
know...she made it all herself for your pleasure." On a side note -
remember musicians, dancers, etc. add to the ambience of a feast.  Please
feed and water them, too! Leanna