SC - Period cookery recipes-Spanish

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed May 10 05:32:54 PDT 2000

> To be fair to His Grace, his view is one which  follows the rules as set
> forth in Corpora. That being 'pre-17th century Western culture.' His Grace
> is also immersed in Andalusian culture not Moorish, IIRC. If one is as
> dedicated to an organization as His Grace is, I would expect that person to
> strictly follow the guide lines as an example to the rest of us who may have
> expanded viewpoints.

    The "rules as set forth in Corpora" do not dilineate where we are to
restrict our interests.  They say "concentrating on Western European", but
"concentrating" is left open to opinion.

    Master Iefan, a Trimarian Laurel for whom I have great feelings of
respect and friendship, once opined that "concentrating on" means European
cultures (and by this he meant all European cultures), plus those other Old
World cultures which had a great effect on Europe.  I agree with him in this,
for the most part.

    The Ottoman empire poured billions of modern dollars worth of gold into
Western Europe to help finance the protestant reformation.  Specifically,
Emperor Suleyman I did so to help destabilize what he saw as the greatest
external threat to his empire: Catholic Europe.  I propose that the
Protestant Reformation was one of the five greatest events of European
history in terms of cultural effects.
    And the Ottoman's bankrolled it.  How much more of an effect do you need?

    Suleyman