SC - Banana, was Unhistoric things

grizly@mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Wed May 10 05:41:20 PDT 2000

hiya!
Allison sez:

At 05:44 AM 5/10/00 -0400, allilyn at juno.com wrote:
>Anne-Marie,
>
>You probably have Cariadoc's Vol. II of the colleced cookbooks.  Surely,
>someone in the guild will have it.  Charles Perry's _An Anonymous
>Andalusian Cookbook of the Thirteenth Century_ is in it, or is that too
>Arabic for your theme?  It is the Arabic edition of _Ambrosio Huici
>Miranda_.
>
>Scully's new Neapolitan Collection is derived from Catalan sources,
>although, without a translated copy, who can tell what changes the
>southern Italians might have made?  Scully and Santich seem to differ a
>litlle on which was the chicken and which was the egg!
>
>I have my Santich handy.  Do you know what you need?  She has some from
>_Sent Sovi_, Grewe edition, 1324?, and Libre del Coch, 1520, Barcelona.

from Santich for now, can I have the recipe for the marchpane? our meat and
potatoes baron says he's going to come to a culinary guild meeting next
week if I promise him marzipan!! :)

I do indeed have the Andalusian stuff (we did a yummy little banquettette
from it a few years ago, but would like to start from scratch and do all
new stuff this time!).

But I'm hping to get my hands on translations of _Sent Sovi_ and _Libre del
Coch_ and that ilk? any ideas? I also read that there's a book of Carving
for that time and place too!!!

- --AM
PS...did you know that if you go to type the recipes from an Andalusian
banquet, your spell checker will try to make it into an "adulation"
banquet? :)