SC - Period cookery recipes

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed May 10 11:21:31 PDT 2000

Me, too. I'll be there, at War Practice, merchanting near the side of the
barn. Look for swords, knives, and lots of little girls.
Anyone is welcome to stop by and say HI.

ADVERTISEMNT:  THE MOST REWARDING MOMENTS YOU"LL EVER SPEND AS A FOOD
ARTIST----THE ARTIST'S FORUM (formerly known as the Laurel's Prize Tourney)
There will be an artist's forum at Aethelmearc War Practice. It will be on
Saturday Morning to early afternoon. Aoife is helping coordinate it (contact
me for advice if you need it). Food-related items are welcome, but you
should be prepared to sit for a few hours with your item. Non-perishables
for that time of day would be best, but if you wish to make it safe somehow
by ice/heat (no electricity is available unless you are very handy with
miles of your own electric cord), that would be wonderful. I have in the
past come with food documentation for an event I was planning, and a sample
of the flat breads we would serve at the event.  Other cooks have made
sweets, baked goods, or have provided a hotpad for other stuff. Definitely
bring extra copies of your written information. EVERYONE IS WELCOME
regardless of skill level. This is not a contest. The point is to come and
schmooze with other artists, show off your stuff. EVERYONE IS WELCOME to
come and look at the entries, as well. You do not need to participate with
an entry to enjoy the forum. Some folks bring tokens to give the artists in
appreciation of their great works. Tokens could be as small as hershey
kisses and as grand as hand-cast pilgrim's badges. Do not feel obligated to
bring tokens. But please come anyway. I'll be the lady with the camera.
END ADVERTISEMENT

Cheers

Aoife
Re: SC - hi...
Allison wrote:
Welcome, Branwen.  There are several of us from AEthelmearc on this list.
What shire/barony are you from, and if you get to War Practice, try to
find me--teaching or chirurgeoning and we can see who else is there for
you to meet.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com